Re: Problem: P2/2 Mouse Moving Delayed In Suse 10.0 And X

Mathias Essenpreis wrote

Hi,

recently I installed SUSE 10.0 on my Athlon 1GB with 256MB of RAM. During
installation I noticed that my PS/2 mouse is moving very slow. It stayed,
also on the running system. There' s always a delay till the mouse starts to
move. It seems that my PC is heavily busy. But when using the keyboard to
open applications and so on my PC is quite fast. So I don't understand why
my mouse is reacting so slow.

Changing the mouse settings also didn't help. Doing so it even gets harder
to control the mouse.

Do you know the reason? Could it corelate to the fact that my harddisk is
almost full or that I use a rather old PS/2 mouse.

thanks
Mathias

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Now my mouse realy moves fast. I set up 1000.

Now I ask myself if to much is harmful to the mouse? Is this a senseful question? Where can I find the possible value ranges of Options like Resolution and SampleRate?

thanks
Mathias