Re: Fonts displayed as squares, ATI driver doesnt work in 4.3 for Rage M P/M

Hi

I fixed the problem, but it wasnt very simple. What I had to do, is realize,
that in the font folders every "fonts.scale" file was empty. I had to copy
the fonts.dir file over the fonts.scale and it was a half solution already.
After that I had to remove a few lines from the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file.
Now all it says is this

<!-- Font directory list configured on Wed Mar 16 18:25:30 EST 2005 -->

        <dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts</dir>

This is of course only the top part of the file, but I had to remove some
folders from here to make it work. Now, the squares are gone. I found the
solutions on a very good website, here

http://ed.asisaid.com/fontfight.html

Thanks

Ben