Re: Dell Inspiron 7500 vs 4.4.0

thanks.

I looked at the changes and extracted what looks like the
diff and applied it to the version I have installed
(xorg at the moment) (on FreeBSD 5.3) but it didn't make any difference.
the screen still comes up black. (you mentionned a while back on
this list that you thought that change 133 fixed this.)

I'm just reinstalling XFree86 4.4.0 at the moment and will see ho much
of the patch applies to that and will try it again. It wasn't a straight
patch in xorg.. pars of it seemed to be already done, sometimes
conditionally, which was a worry.

Is it possible to get the latest version of the 4.4 code from somewhere
precompiled for freeBSD? I would like to see if the latest code has teh
problem solved..

regards julian.

--
|   __--_|\  Julian Elischer         |       \     U \/ / hard at work in
|  /       \ julian@xxxxxxxxxxxx     +------>x   USA    \ a very strange
| (   OZ    )                                \___   ___ | country !
+- X_.---._/    presently in San Francisco       \_/   \\