Interactive Whiteboard...

Hi all.

I teach at a local college where we have a fair number of "interactive whiteboards" (touch sensitive, or pen-activated boards onto which the screen is projected).  The particular model I am interested in is the "Promethean Activboard".

I use a laptop running Debian Sid with XFree 4.3.0.1.  I have the Graphics side of things setup very nicely thank-you, but I would like to get the "interactive pen" running as a pointing device so that I can leave the laptop in the corner of the room and not have to revisit it every couple of seconds.

The whiteboard connects to the computer via a standard (I presume, RS232) "serial" port (9pin variety).  I have tried every combination of driver/protocol that I could imagine for serial mice, and I have tried using both the laptop's own serial port and a USB->serial adaptor, but nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone had any success using these whiteboards with X?

I have contacted the manufacturer but they didn't seem particularly interested in my request for assistance (now there's a surprise).

Thanks.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.