From: Bukie Mabayoje
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:41:14
To:xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Screen Resolution

X11 is started at run level 5 on Redhat. If you don't what it started don't run at level 5. But then, other multi-user stuff wouldn't be available. You better off removing from the startup script.

look at /etc/X11/XF86Config and locate the text below. What does it say?

section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"