Re: X and multiple full-screen applications: Is it possible?

On Saturday 16 October 2004 22:36, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    I don't understand the question.  How is it possible to run
> 2 full-screen applications?  Do you have a non-standard definition
> of "full-screen" ? :)

Well, here's 2 examples:
1.
I can run 2 normal size mplayers on 2 different virtual desktops. I can run
one full-screen mplayer on one virtual desktop, and one normal size mplayer
on another, but I cannot run 2 full-screen mplayers on 2 different virtual
desktops.
2. I have a front-end for MAME that I'd like to run full-screen. If I call
xmame full-screen from that front-end it will not appear. Since starting
xmame takes time, I don't want to turn the screen black (by basically ending
the full-screen front-end program) while xmame loads the game, and then
rebuild the screen after xmame ends. I just want a full-screen xmame to place
itself over the front-end, and have the front-end reappear directly when
xmame is done.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff