Re: small problem with dual monitor display

Hello again. I've done some testing today with some interesting results. I think I am getting closer, but I need a little bit more help to finalize the process.

Dual 19" NEC AccuSync LCD9V Flat Panel Monitors
ATI Radeon 9600 128mb Card
XFree 4.4.0
1gb RAM

Hardware specs are the same.

I tried switching the cables to see if that is the problem but the problem still persists. Still fuzzy.
I thought it could be the monitor, but when I switch to the Windows machine, the right screen is not blurry at all.

Monitor is good. Cables are good. Video card is good.

I'm thinking that I may have missed something during my configuration or something else.

I am almost positive that the fix lies within the XF86config file. Here is what I did today:

I kept thinking that the problem lies within a resolution of some sort. It didn't make sense that one monitor was perfect, but the second monitor was blurry.

What I did in my recent testing was add these lines to to my XF86config:

        HorizSync    31.5-81
        VertRefresh  50-70

I got those specs from the vendors website for my model.

So now, my "Monitor" section looks like this:

Section "Monitor"
        #DisplaySize      380   300     # mm
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        HorizSync    31.5-81
        VertRefresh  50-70
        VendorName   "NEC"
        ModelName    "NEC LCD9V"
        Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor1"
        HorizSync    31.5-81
        VertRefresh  50-70
        VendorName   "NEC"
        ModelName    "NEC LDC9V"
        Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

When I added these lines, restarted X, two things happened:

1.) The blurryness on monitor 2 went away. Perfect. But..
2.) My dual monitors were not shared as one desktop, but instead, copies of one another. Thus, if I opened a terminal window on monitor one, it showed the same thing on monitor 2.

I feel like im getting closer. I'm thinking it is just a matter of tweaking my config file. With that I have a couple questions.

First, I need to fix the monitor part on having my dual monitors act as one, not seperate.
Second, it appears that I can add more options to my config file to improve performance quite a bit. I'd like to find out suggested options on how to do so. Any suggestions?

That is it for now. Getting closer, just need to finalize it.

I appreciate it.

Jas