Re: How to set up two monitors with ATI Mach64 Rage Pro AGP and S3 Trio64V2 - CLOSE

Hi --

I saw your frustration in getting no response.  I think the problem is a lot more common than you think.  I have two identical Dells, and have installed nVidia GeForce cards, one AGP the other PCI, and had to go to the XFree86 version 4.4.0 (the latest, if the numbers I quoted are not correct)
to get the drivers because these were new cards.  One works fine and Gnome comes up on both screens.   The other system has a strange login screen (xerm?) but can be made to be Gnome and then Gnome exists on one screen but only a blank -- gray screen -- on the other.  However, the mouse cursor will move from one screen to the other, but clicking (either right or left) on the gray screen gives no response.
The only thing I can think that was done differernt during setup, was that I answered one of the questions differently during the setup.  Weird.

I have sent messages to this list and got no responses, also.

Anyway, you are definately not alone.   Good luck,

Hobbie