Mouse Problems still...progess made thogh...

Hey

I still cannot get my serial mouse to work in X or gpm (which i have only recently installed...yes i know about the confilicts that can be caused between gpm and x but for now i'd just like to get the computer and mouse talking)

I have found that when i dmesg | grep tty i get:

ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

So, does this mean my serial port is actually called ttyS01 or should it be ttyS0.
The reason i ask is because if i try cat /dev/ttyS01 i get : No device found (or some similar error) and when i try cat /dev/ttyS0 i get an :Input/Output error.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am really stuck now so need all that you can offer to help me.

Thanks
Jon