Solaris to Linux Porting

we are developing a tool which scans the c/c++ code written for
Solaris SPARC and to port it on to Linux Enetrprise on Intel.  The
tool has to come with the report saying porting issues discoverd as
following (differrences could be API, libraries, threads etc on
Solaris to LInux)

1. Low difficulty- tool can automatically come with the solution
2. Medium Difficulty -  Equivalent solution on LInux exists and can be
done
3. High Difficulty - Suggestion as what can be done to resolve the
problem
4. Unknown - god help you

i am still to decide between perl script or 'c' to wrtie the tool.

i need help and guidelines in this direction.  I have very less time
to do it.  Pelase reply quickly.