Re: how does X find modelines?

Warren Paul wrote:
Just didn't want to write a Theses :-)

<lol!> I guess we made you do that since we don't have the right answers! Very sorry that we cannot get you there yet.

From another thread I did get new info about a little app called gtf. You probably already knew about that and I don't think it would give better modelines than the web site I gave earlier. Too bad...

I'm sorry that I don't remember what distribution you are running, but have you tried a total reset of your XF86config file in a while? I was looking at one of your earlier emails and seem many (to me) confusing options turned on in there. I'm completely boring and have no options turned on. The only consistent problem I ever had with XF86 was related to the (incorrect) use of a specific option.

Just a thought.

Good luck,
Mark