Re: how does X find modelines?

On Friday 16 July 2004 00:06, Warren Paul wrote:
> I dunno If I have really thanked you for the help, but thanx. This has been
> frustrating me no end to get this working.

No problem. :) Well, you did say it worked though, right? It's more a matter
of understanding _why_ it works.

> The reason I have those lines commented is for testing. So instead of re
> writing everything out again I just comment and uncomment the lines I need.

Hmm, I didn't get that part from the email you sent with the configuration and
log files. The logfile that worked, which lines were uncommented?

> Hence the reason why X is ignoring what I say.

Well, from what I gathered from the source code, the check for those modes
takes place before checking the modelines, but only under very specific
conditions. Since I'm not _that_ familiar with this code, it'll take a bit of
time to figure it all out, but I'm sure we will. It's peeked my curiosity
now. :)

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff