Re: how does X find modelines?

I dunno If I have really thanked you for the help, but thanx. This has been frustrating me no end to get this working.
Now, I noticed the only requested mode you have is 1600x1200 (the other line
is commented out). When you tried without 1600x1200, did you uncomment the
other line? If not, requested modes would be 0, and the on-chip modes will be
tested first. With the 1600x1200 on, the on-chip modes probably will not be
tested, since it will most likely find more modes than the 1 requested mode.

The reason I have those lines commented is for testing. So instead of re writing everything out again I just comment and uncomment the lines I need.

You could also try turning DCC on, to see if the behaviour changes.

Unfortunately I have also tried that and the ignore EDID option. But still no luck. I just cannot seem to get X to ignore the onboard modes and what ever else goes with them and use mine. I'm assuming the problem is that the on-board modes maybe use different vsync and hsync values and or modelines. Hence the reason why X is ignoring what I say.