Flashing graphics with TrueColor visual

Hi Everybody,

Can someone please help me with this problem or tell me where to look ! Google did not have anything usefull, or maybe I phrased the searches incorrectly.

We have an existing application that flashes selected graphic elements in a synchronized way by alternating their color map entry values at fixed intervals, using the PseudoColor visual (8 bit depth).

The application needs to be upgraded to run on 24-bit depth displays. Since DirectColor is badly supported by many hardware/dirver combinations, we have to try and get the same effect with the TrueColor visual which does not support changing of colour map entries.

Is there any means of flashing specific graphic elements without redrawing the graphics on each flash phase ?

Will be VERY glad to hear from somebody!

Phil Roets

(please copy direct to my e-mail address)
Company : CEO GEOsystems - Technical Software Design and Product Developers.
Physical address : 62 Glenwood Road, Lynnwoodglen, Pretoria, Rep of South Africa
Snail Mail : P O Box 72147, Lynnwoodridge, 0040, Rep of South Africa.
Telephone : +27 (12) 348-8653
Fax : +27 (12) 348-8653 ( Weekdays only : 06h00 - 14h30 GMT )
phil@ geo.co.za