Trio card, GLX missing

Hi.

I've been trying to sort this problem for ages, and am still stuck. Any help appreciated.

I have a Redhat 9 PC, with a Trio 3D/2X 8MB video card. I am using XFree86 4.3

I get an error:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

I've found that the XFree86 S3virge driver should be used and should give accelerated graphics. The Redhat installer detects the card as needing the VESA driver, and gets the memory as 4MB.

I am rather confused as to what the problem is. GLX errors often relate to NVIDIA drivers, but I don't have that chipset. I have the mesa-GL driver from X. My XFree86.config has the line:

load "glx"

in it.

The video often seems really slow, with a closed window disapearing slowly from the top of the screen.

Please can you tell me what driver I need/or how to correctly configure it?

Thanks.