How to zoom xrandr with Xkb?

Hi,

I could of course set up a window-manager keybinding to start xrandr 0, 1, ...
But it seems a stupid thing to do, to pass a key event to the WM, have it fork
/
exec an external program which in turn connects to X, to tell it what to do.

I was instead thinking of something like this, which I have in my Xkb setup:

    key <KPSU> {
	type= "HYPER+ALT",
	symbols[Group1]= [     KP_Subtract, XF86_Prev_VMode ]
    };
    key <KPAD> {
	type= "HYPER+ALT",
	symbols[Group1]= [	 plusminus, XF86_Next_VMode ]
    };

The drawback of these is that the virtual resolution doesn't change so the
screen slides around, which is sometimes not what I want.

I tried XF86ZoomOut and XF86ZoomIn instead, but they seem to be NOPs.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated!  Please copy me in personally.

coralament / best GrÃtens / liebe GrÃÃe / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lÃr dig / ucz siÄ    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/