X host -client without X server present on machine.

I'm looking to install a minimal X - Host Client  that X servers may
connect to that doesn't itself have an X server, XDM, or window manager
installed.  I don't want the application server to bring up X by itself at
all, but serve X applications to X servers on the secure local network.

 It seems I would just need the Xlib and whatever X toolkit, such as
LessTif.   All I see though is directions on how to bring up X Servers;
never the simplest client/host X configurations.

   What is the minimum needed for an application server, such that it itself
doesn't have an X server?  Why isn't this done more often?

   I'm running Redhat 7.3 and have RedHat 9 so would tend to want to run
XFree86 4.3.0-2.  Am I making a mistake doing this?

   Thank you.

--
This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected
by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use

dangerous content by MailScanner.