Re: X Object Tracer

On Monday 28 June 2004 23:40, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    Sortof.  There's this one:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/~mvojkovi/restest.c
>
>    but you have to be careful using it.  You should either run it
> remotely or redirect output to a file "restest >& test.out".  It
> grabs the X-server and also dumps data to stout so if the
> application displaying stdout is running on the same server (like
> xterm can be) there is a deadlock.
>
> 			Mark.
>
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Alexander Darovsky wrote:
> > Hi.

Thank You very much. I tested my app with this tool, and found
very interesting issue: pixmaps are still reside on the server, despite
of XFreePixmap() call. Calls are surely made, this is traced with ethereal,
which shows, that pixmaps are really destroyed, and no error comes back,
that means that pixmap id's are correct also. But when I create/destroy
pixmaps, restest shows that these aren't freed by the X server. In the docs
I have seen that pixmap is destroyed only when no references are left.
Maybe it is possible to see who owns that pixmaps and doesn't allow them
to be freed...