Re: clicking on x to close xwindow

   Maybe you're misinterpreting what is going on.  The window with
the "x" belongs to the window manager.  When the window manager saw
the click, it SEVERED the connection between the X-server and the
owner of the child window the window manager was decorating.  It
did not close the app's window.  It shut it out completely.  As
a result the server cleaned up resources left behind by the client,
which would include the window.  Events were sent to existing
clients interested in that window, but the owner of that window
was no longer a valid client at the point.

   In summary, the "x" doesn't close the window.  It terminates
the X-server's involvement with the associated client.  You can
install an Xlib error handler to get informed of the serverance,
but all you can do in that function is clean up and prepare
to exit, because Xlib will call exit() after your error handler
gets called.

			Mark.