Re: Re: Xterm issue

This is what I did:

Look in the app-defaults directory for XTerm and
XTerm-color resource files. (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults or in
/etc/X11/app-defaults)

In them files, you'd find the VT100 settings:

! Enable Colour by default.

*VT100*colorMode: on
*VT100*boldColors: on
*VT100*dynamicColors: on

! Uncomment this to use color for underline attribute
*VT100*colorULMode: on
*VT100*underLine: off

! Uncomment this to use color for the bold attribute
*VT100*colorBDMode: on

! Uncomment this to use the bold/underline colors in preference to other colors
!*VT100*colorAttrMode: on

This is what I changed to get exactly the behaviour you're describing.
I can send you the exact settings later on as I don't have access to them
right now. Basically it's the UL setting and few others, you have to
change only few of them though.

HTH.