Re: Xterm issue

Help!

  I would like to first compliment everyone on the state of the software and its stability. As I have been working with this system since X10 days, things are pretty cool.  Now I understand that new features are great and maximizing available capabilities is great, but HOW THE HELL DO YOU TURN OFF COLOR SUPPORT FOR XTERM?   I’m using XFree86 4.3.99.5(179) from RedHat’s Fedora distribution and using a TERM type of “xterm”.  If I wanted color I would have used “xterm-color” or something.  I have tried using “xterm-mono” but that doesn’t work either.  As a matter of fact I have tried every term type I could think of, and except for “dumb”, bold characters are showing as yellow on white.  This makes MAN pages kind of hard to read.  Since colored text is for pussies anyway, all I want is to turn the damn color features OFF.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Sincerely,

Greg Fossheim

unixdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx