fullscreen pictures and videos

Hello everybody.

I'm using xfree 4.3 (from debian sarge official packages) and I have a problem
with fullscreen pictures and videos. Since a few weeks ago (probably due to
the xfree version change) when I try to view pictures in fullscreen mode
(using kuickshow) I can only see a black screen, and when I try to watch
videos (using mplayer or xine) the only thing I can see (both in fullscreen
and window mode) is the black screen again, while sound can be heared. In
this situation if I move another window over the video one it seems to be
refreshed, and a new photogram appears, but it gets freeze.

Has anyone any idea about why this could happen and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

ALBERTO