Re: Two graphics adaptors

Frans Andersson wrote:
It works now.
I'm not quite sure of what I did, but here's the correct XF86Config part:
---
Section "Device"
       Identifier      "nvidia0"
       Driver          "nvidia"
       BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
       Screen          0
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier      "nvidia1"
       Driver          "nvidia"
       BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
       Screen          1
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier      "card0"
       Driver          "s3virge"
       BusID           "PCI:0:12:0"
       Screen          0
EndSection
---

Note that I use Screen 0 on the S3 ViRGE card, instead of Screen 2.
Screen 0 on my nVidia and Screen 1 on my nVidia TV-out.
(I also changed the Identifier, but that was not the problem)

So I suppose the problem was that I used Screen 2 instead of 1.

Correct. See man XF86Config-4:

Screen  number
     This option is mandatory for cards where a single PCI entity can
     drive more than one display (i.e., multiple CRTCs sharing a sin-
     gle  graphics accelerator and video memory).  One Device section
     is required for each head, and this parameter  determines  which
     head  each  of the Device sections applies to.  The legal values
     of number range from 0 to one less  than  the  total  number  of
     heads  per entity.  Most drivers require that the primary screen
     (0) be present.

Emphasis on last sentence.

Thomas

--