Re: Problems Video Playback (avi/dvd)

> When I start XFree without Xv, the videos are displayed correctly!
> Thanks. Unfortunately the quality suffers... Is there any possibility to
> configure Xv, so that it works on my system? Or which other extensions
> would you recomment? Are Dga, fbdev or directfb good alternatives?

You don't need to disable xv altogether. Many video playing applications
give you the opportunity to specify a video driver (like mplayer -vo).
Just select dga (preferrably) or x11 (x11 shared memory). DGA works
fastest if you don't have a working Xv.

The image quality should be similar for any method, only the output may
be jerky if the method is too slow (e.g. x11).