Re: Problems Video Playback (avi/dvd)

When I start XFree without Xv, the videos are displayed correctly! Thanks. Unfortunately the quality suffers... Is there any possibility to configure Xv, so that it works on my system? Or which other extensions would you recomment? Are Dga, fbdev or directfb good alternatives?

Thanks

Erik Slagter wrote:

I was trying to make a snapshot of my video-problem but: the snapshot has got no stripe and no errors! How can that be?

Then it probably is a Xv problem, the Xv images are not put into the framebuffer but "overlaid on top" by the video card.

You might try, depending on the application you use, to avoid xv, and
use a dga or even plain x11 video output. This will be slower though.