sis_drv.o fails due to unresolved drmSiSAgpInit on XF86-4.4 release and driver snaps

Hi;

Installed 4.4 from binary on FreeBSD-5.2.1-RELEASE on an ASUS CUSI-FX mb
(SiS 630E integrated chipset).

I am using the GENERIC kernel, which includes agp and drm by default.

(grepping thru dmesg presents the information asked for in the
troubleshooting doc)

from what i can google for, i get the distinct sense that 'drmSiSAgpInit'
shouldnt be required by my installation, because the implementation that i
saw for said function was in a file (xf86drmCompat.c) that indicated that
it was simply a stub for backward compat.

as indicated by my subject header, this same error shows up in both the
4.4 and snapshot sis_drv.o's.

is this something that got fixed on somebody's machine and then didnt get
checked into cvs? or is this a known problem that is being worked on? or
not worked on? :-)

i am happy to build X from scratch if need be, so if somebody has a patch
or can even give me a place to start looking, i'll be happy to do the work
and report back the results. (my wife and kids are out of town this
weekend, so i actually have some concentrated, uninterrupted time to work
on this if a solution needs to be generated...)

tnx!

johnu
johnu