Re: ATI - 9500 Dual head"ache" problems

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:03:14 +0000
"Kane wilson" <kane_wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello all
>this is my first time posting to the list
>
>Have been trying this for several months now to no avail.
>Right heres my setup
>Slackware 9.1
>Asus A7N8X mobo
>Radeon 9500 (non pro)
>17"crt , 15" TFT
>
>what i am wanting to do is to have a dual display setup which enables me to
>move from one screen to the other, with both screens being used to their
>full potential.
>I have managed to get clone mode and dual head mode working with the new ATI
>drivers
>in the dual head mode both screens show the same output but you can move
>your mouse from one screen to the other however you can only click on
>objects in the primary monitor (sounds wierd i know :P)

I had that exact same issue with my laptop (ATI 9600 Mobility) hooked up to a CRT.  Don't know if you would use the same driver or not, but if so, the driver from ATI's site fixed the issue for me on 32-bit Mandrake 9.2.  I had to recompile the module.  This is an AMD64 laptop.  For a 64-bit solution, I had to install XFree86 4.4.0, as ATI has given no indication when they are going to be releasing 64-bit drivers.  Let me know if you have any followup questions - I can post my XF86Config-4, though I see another responder has provided that for you.

>ive asked on forums all over the place...nobody seems to have an answer.
>
>Anybody know how to resolve this problem?
>
>Kane

Guy Rouillier