ATI - 9500 Dual head"ache" problems

Hello all
this is my first time posting to the list

Have been trying this for several months now to no avail.
Right heres my setup
Slackware 9.1
Asus A7N8X mobo
Radeon 9500 (non pro)
17"crt , 15" TFT

what i am wanting to do is to have a dual display setup which enables me to move from one screen to the other, with both screens being used to their full potential.
I have managed to get clone mode and dual head mode working with the new ATI drivers
in the dual head mode both screens show the same output but you can move your mouse from one screen to the other however you can only click on objects in the primary monitor (sounds wierd i know :P)
ive asked on forums all over the place...nobody seems to have an answer.

Anybody know how to resolve this problem?

Kane