Re: a Xfree86 bug

I turned off AGP and there is no more problem (at least for now),
but is it definitely impossible to use AGP ? what is wrong with AGP ?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:19:26AM -0800, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Edouard Debry wrote:
>
> > > On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Edouard Debry wrote:
> > >

> > >    I think that's unlikely.  My guess would be that it's a problem
> > > with the AGP drivers.
> > >

> > > 			Mark.

> > I had already noticed nvidia module had difficulties with agpgart GPL
> > module, nvidia warning saying that nvidia was not able to handle agpgart
> >
> > that is why i tried the own AGP module of nvidia, all seemed to work
> > well until it freezes completely, this pb does not appear in text mode
> >
> > do you think the pb comes from nvidia, or kernel 2.6.4 agpgart, or
> > Xfree86 ( 4.3 version ) ?
> >
> > that is to note my Xfree86 4.3 binaries were originaly built with
> > a 2.4.22 kernel, whereas I no run the 2.6.4 , do you think this could
> > create some instabilities ?
>
>     No, it's unlikely to be an XFree86 problem.  You should
> try turning off AGP (Option "NVAGP" "0" in the Section "Device"
> of the XF86Config file).
>

> 			Mark.

|                          Edouard DEBRY                          |
| Ph-D student at E.N.P.C - C.E.R.E.A   http://www.enpc.fr/cerea/ |
| 21 Rue Nobel, Cité Descartes        TEL  : 33 1 64 15 21 52     |
| 77455 CHAMPS SUR MARNE              MAIL : debry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
| Thesis subject: MODELING OF AN ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOL DISTRIBUTION |