Re: a Xfree86 bug

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Edouard Debry wrote:
>

>    I think that's unlikely.  My guess would be that it's a problem
> with the AGP drivers.
>

> 			Mark.

I had already noticed nvidia module had difficulties with agpgart GPL
module, nvidia warning saying that nvidia was not able to handle agpgart

that is why i tried the own AGP module of nvidia, all seemed to work
well until it freezes completely, this pb does not appear in text mode

do you think the pb comes from nvidia, or kernel 2.6.4 agpgart, or
Xfree86 ( 4.3 version ) ?

that is to note my Xfree86 4.3 binaries were originaly built with
a 2.4.22 kernel, whereas I no run the 2.6.4 , do you think this could
create some instabilities ?

thank you for helping me in debugging

best regards
edouard

|                          Edouard DEBRY                          |
| Ph-D student at E.N.P.C - C.E.R.E.A   http://www.enpc.fr/cerea/ |
| 21 Rue Nobel, Cité Descartes        TEL  : 33 1 64 15 21 52     |
| 77455 CHAMPS SUR MARNE              MAIL : debry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
| Thesis subject: MODELING OF AN ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOL DISTRIBUTION |