Re: via driver limits

Luc Verhaegen a écrit :

[...]

> I have  noticed a text  rendering problem  myself, i'm not  sure who
> reported it but someone  did back in november, as soon  as it can be
> reproduced it  will be  reported properly  too. Characters  or whole
> strings are  not rendered just  resulting in small patches  of blank
> spaces where  letters should be.  If this is  what you mean  with "I
> can't write anything in every programs" and if this is reproducable,
> then this  can be looked  into now. If this  is not what  you meant,
> please give more details.

In fact  it's a problem  with my keyboard and  not with the  driver (a
Logitech Internet Keyboard).  I can write only with the  Ctrl + key, I
didn't see  it the first  time. It works but  all the keys  are mixed,
some of them have a "No Symbol" flag in xev. I tried all the afternoon
with different configuration but nothing. I have to make a xmodmap but
how can  I configure, for  example, the  functions keys when  they all
have the same keycode (134). I'm not a xmodmap expert...

> About the  via_driver and modes, it  is a complete mess.  And that's
> not  counting in  the  fact  that it  only  allows  a few  hardcoded
> resolutions and refresh rates. Please  attach a normal log where you
> attempt to  use 1024x768(from  within your  screen section)  in your
> response.

I put my XF86Config et the log here :
http://serge.basterot.free.fr/fichiers/

Thanks for your help,