Re: xserver hijacks cpu iff running flightgear

I have a similar configuration, an ASUS A7V8X with the Matrox G550.  I'm
running Red Hat Linux 9 now.  8 was the first operating system on the machine.
With every 8 kernel and the first few 9 kernels the machine completely froze
about once a week.  With the past few 9 kernel updates the X server just
freezes with the following:

ioctl(8, 0x4008642a, 0xbfffe388)        = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)

Ctrl-Alt-F1, etc., doesn't work.  You must ssh in and reboot.

I don't think this problem has anything to do with direct rendering, because
the X wedge has occurred during, for example, the starwars screensaver and has
even occurred while normally interacting with the machine.

Are you using the DVI interface or any driver from Matrox?

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts