Mouse out of House

        Thanks to "wij@Dyn" <sternmull@xxxxxxxx> for help with my Screens
found, none usable for the following help with my config file:
        It's just a guess, but does commenting out the UseFBDev option
line in your config file help you?

        Now I got past that part of startx and had problems with the
mouse I guess.   So I had to go back and configure my mouse for gpm using
the BROKEN wheeled PS2 mouse.  Went back to X and finally got a "gray"
screen with an "X" in the middle.  But when I went to move the mouse the
"X" cursor moved off the screen and I couldn't get it back.  Although
moving the mouse to just the right spot got a menu to come up, I couldn't
select anything like Exit.  So I had to hit reset and reboot.  I've
attached my log file with the last item adding the mouse.  Curiously,
selecting the wheel button brought up another menu that I also couldn't
use.
        One other concern, the "gray" screen seemed to have a pattern of
dark shadows (looks like magnetic flux lines) throughout the display.  I
wonder if this could harm the display or video card, and whether there is
some way to get rid of it.

        Sincerely,
        John Waldeck