Re: TinyX - vesa and wacom (two questions)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Gregory Richards wrote:

> Does TinyX use a configuration file?  It seems like no changes I make to any
> file actually effect TinyX . . .

No.

There is a newer version of tinyx/kdrive being developed at
freedesktop.org.  You can also use the IRC channel #freedesktop on
irc.freenode.net.

Whether it will actually work better for you, I don't know.  In any case,
kdrive is not really ready for end-users yet ;)

> Finally, is it possible to use a Wacom tablet in TinyX?  I haven't even
> figured out where to configure it . . .

I don't know.

There has been some work on it, I think (and related stuff such as touch
screens).  There are a couple of guys who are interested in this who
regularly pop up in the IRC channel.

-Peter

PS: To the obnoxious and not very polite "postmaster" who warned me that I
    would get kicked off the mailing list for "trying to fork the
    project": pointing out to users where the work and maintenance is
    going on for a project that already has not as much forked but moved
    (after the maintainer was kicked out of XFree86) is not what I would
    call advocating a fork.

    It is simply a matter of helping users (and potential developers?) as
    much as possible.

PPS: Who was the most recent member to be kicked out of the core team? ;)