Re: two independent keyboards in a X.

>I'm trying to implement two independent USB keyboards in a X. Normal
>keys are working as I expected, but I found some problems with
>modified keys (shift, alt, ctrl).
>
>If I use a modified key in one keyboard, it affects the other
>keyboard's action.
>
>Caps_lock, Num_lock are working correctly tough.
>
>Does anyone have experience on this subject?  Related web-site?
>Documents?

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/

My experiments allude to subject
http://startx.times.lv

If You realy add second keyboard, then You must find
happy owners of matrox g550. Mostly second head remains unused.
But with independ keyboard second head become lovable.

If You are linux user, then You should stop implement device,
but use linux kernel event interface. Then Your work become
more abstract and device independ. You can use any secondary
keyboard, PS/2 keyboard to. Two PS/2 keyboards works nice under
2.6.XX
http://people.debian.org/~warp/evdev/

Aivils Stoss