Re: [XFree86] Trident Blade, "no screens"

Thomas Winischhofer writes:
 > John Chandler wrote:
 > >  > >(--) PCI:*(0:8:0) Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS300/305 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter rev 144, Mem @ 0xd0000000/27, 0xe0000000/17, I/O @ 0xdc00/7
 > >  > >(--) PCI: (1:0:0) Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 rev 106, Mem @ 0xdd800000/23, 0xde000000/17, 0xdd000000/23
 > >  >
 > [...]
 > > The monitor is not connected to the on-board video card, it is
 >
 > This is slightly OT: Is the SiS 300/305 really on-board? If so, what MB
 > is this?

Is there any way to tell, other than just remembering or checking the
docs, in which case I'm hosed?

BTW, it does appear that the add-on card is the SiS.  That is, when I
reinstalled RedHat and told it I had an SiS, X did come up.  It came
up in patheticaly low resolution and the system froze after about five
minutes, but it did come up.  Any clue what the issue would be here?

Someone mentioned that a log from my working, RH7.? installation would
be helpful.  Any idea where it lives?  It doesn't seem to be in
/var/log.

I am becoming truly astounded at how difficult this is.

I thank you for your help, though.

-jmc