Re: [XFree86] Trident Blade, "no screens"

Thomas Winischhofer writes:
 > John Chandler wrote:
 > >  > >(--) PCI:*(0:8:0) Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS300/305 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter rev 144, Mem @ 0xd0000000/27, 0xe0000000/17, I/O @ 0xdc00/7
 > >  > >(--) PCI: (1:0:0) Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 rev 106, Mem @ 0xdd800000/23, 0xde000000/17, 0xdd000000/23
 > >  >
 > [...]

 > > The monitor is not connected to the on-board video card, it is
 >
 > This is slightly OT: Is the SiS 300/305 really on-board? If so,
 > what MB is this?

Other than reading the mfr's name off the card (which I've tried but I
can't find anything helpful printed there), or just managing to
remember what I was doing 18 months ago, how do I tell?  The info
above came from software probes, and it appears that one line
describes an SiS AGP interface.  It is also intuitively appealing to
think of the integrated peripherals as having PCI id's starting with 0
rather than 1, but I don't know if that really means anything.

My recollection is that the on-board interface had 1/4 MB, which is
why I replaced it.  Is the amount of RAM specified by one of those
numbers?  That might be a clue.

-jmc