Re: [XFree86] LCD proplem. Something that might be fixed in X

   You appear to have an LCD, but are using the VGA input rather
than the DVI input.  That means it just looks like a normal analog
CRT to the video card.  That also means there are a large number
of variables.  It sounds like the monitor doesn't like the stock 1280x1024
modeline built into XFree86.  You could try playing with the xvidtune
program to see if that has an effect.  The /var/log/XFree86.0.log
would need to be examined to determine exactly which mode the server
is currently trying to use.

			Mark.