Re: [XFree86] Problem with Configurating

Are you using the correct X server?

That sounds like a fancy graphics card, it probably is S3 compatible (but IANAE). I'm just guessing here. Try a different X server, and if you must, use the 16 color VGA (EEK!). It is guaranteed to work, otherwise your BIOS wouldn't have even allowed the computer to boot in the first place.

Try using Xconfigurator. Often times, programs know more about the computer than users do.

From: "Soltys" <soltys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: XFree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XFree86] Problem with Configurating
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:41:09 +0100

Welcome,
This is my problem:
hardware: video card GeForce2 with 64MB memory, Monitor Balinea model 10.40.10
sotfware: Debian 3.0, XFree86 ver 4.0
my prbolem is that I can't configure X, I tried all possible configurations, and there's still
the same error: none of the caonfigurations is aplicable.
Could you give me some advise??
Thank you in advance :)

Best regards, Soltys :)) soltys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trudno czlowiekowi o sobie zapomniec,
moze jednak wyrobic w sobie zwyczaj myslenia o innych.
			(kard. Stefan Wyszynski)

---