Re: [XFree86] Help!, X installation novice, XFree86 Version4.2.0 for Linux 8.0/2.4.18-14

   GeForce4 MX isn't officially supported before XFree86 4.3.0
(some earlier cards might work with 4.2.0, but I wouldn't bet on
it).  You'll want to be using the "nv" driver.  You could
try using the "nv" driver now (replace driver "vesa" with driver "nv"
in the XF86Config), but if it doesn't work, you'll need to
upgrade to 4.3.0.

   You could also try installing NVIDIA's binary Linux drivers
which should work with your current XFree86 version, but we are
not in a position to support third party drivers on this list.
We can only support the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86.

			Mark.