Re: [XFree86] All annoying error in I830WaitLpRing() in some details

David Dawes writes:

 > Does further switching give you a working XFree86 display again?  What
 > happens if you exit that XFree86 session and restart XFree86?
 >
 > FWIW, when I was working in the driver, I wasn't able to reproduce any
 > switching-related problems with the hardware I had and the 4.3 version on
 > Linux, even after literally hundreds of switches.

On Linux the problems went away when moving the LpRing into the 'stolen
memory'. I had to do this for 855 and 865 also to fix this problem.
My impression was that when switching back to X the agp memory may
get mapped to different physical pages. The chipset didn't like this.
I don't recall exactly but I think I also got lockups when terminating
and restarting the server completely.

Egbert.