Re: [XFree86] Cirrus 5446

Eduardo Huertas writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I've been having problems configuring a Cirrus Logic 5446 even though your
 > site says it is supported.

Even if the site says it is supported it just means the driver
knows about the chip in is in prinicple capable of driving this
chip.
The driver itself is unmaintained and therefore noone has tested
and fixed problems lately. I also suspect that noone will be able
to due to the lack of HW.

 > I'm using a Gateway 2000 with 64 MB and a Pentium 120
 >
 > I tried first with Linux Mandrake 9.1 and now I'm trying with FreeBSD 4.8.
 > I've used every combination of resolution with 8, 15, 16 and 32 color depth.
 >
 > I used Option "noaccel" and Option "no_bitblt" and the main problem persists:
 > the screen shows in triple a litle piece at top and a litle piece at bottom
 > and almost the whole screen at center.  It also shows three pointer mouse.
 >
 > The monitor I'm using is an AcerView 34T.
 >
 > Where can I see a configuration file that works fine?

I don't think there is a magic config option that can make the entire
thing work. With such ancient hardware the user will have to attempt
to fix the problem himself - or trace it down far enough so that
somebody else can work on it.

Egbert.