Re: [XFree86] Mouse restrictions under dual-head config

>Thank you. That was actually what I had in mind (and I had discovered
>that earlier). It's just that it feels like kind of a hack to do so. I
>would have thought that there would be a "real" way of doing it, if
>you see what I mean.
>
>Oh, and by the way. What I would _really_ want, is to run two
>different X servers on the same time, but the current VT
>implementation seems to prevent that. I've heard of some kernel patch
>or something coming along to fix that. Does anyone know something
>about this, and in that case, does it work with a dual-headed card
>like mine or do I need two seperate cards in that case?

You can read some about http://startx.times.lv

xf86 folk has troubles enough with single X server!
linux kernel folk has troubles enough with single current tty!

At least it works for me and some funs.
My solution is for two separate cards. Kernel patch allow multiple
current tty. X parameter vtXX allow choose right tty. Range of
ttys may be bounded with separate keyboards. Works with unpatched
xf86 binaries (tested Mandrake9.1,Suse8.2).

Aivils Stoss