Re: [XFree86] cyberblade i1 & green screen (other)

Le Lundi 6 Octobre 2003 09:20, vous avez écrit :
> David Douard wrote:
> > Hi,
> > this is for Alan Hourihane (I guess),
> >
> > I have a trident cyberblade i1 (compaq Evo N150 laptop, X detects a
> > Cyberbladei1d chipset, lspci tells me its a Cyberblade i1 (rev 6a)).
> >
> > With the drivers from  http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh (dated 05-Sep-2003)
> >  I can use XVideo once or twice (via mplayer1.0pre1-3.2.2), so it runs OK
> > and smoothly. But if I try again a few minutes later, I get a mainly
> > green screen (freezed), while audio part is going it's way. I can still
> > watch movies with the x11 output, but it's then very slow (if I want real
> > fullscreen). The only way of getting things back is to restart X.
> > Is this a known bug ?
>
> I recommend that you try another Xv-aware application first, MPlayer has
> been a bit flaky lately.
>
> Thomas

Ok, I've compiled  a recent CVS XFree86 tree, logs gives me :
XFree86 Version 4.3.99.13
Release Date: 25 September 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-0.13mdkcustom i686 [ELF]

I have directly the problem when I try Xine with xv output. I mean, with Xine,
I cannot even see a movie at all before I get stuck with the green window.
After relaunching XFree, I can watch movie in Xv with Mplayer (same version).
It's Ok as long as I watch consistent files. But if I try a crappy file,
which make mplayer freeze, so I have to kill it (with a SIGKILL), the Xv
screen is then stuck in the described state with the green window (only in
the active displayed part of the movie. I mean, the 2 black borders above and
at the bottom of the image, due to the image ratio difference, are really
black as expected).
So it seems that the card or the driver is left in an inconsistent state which
can only be avoided by restarting the X session.

I have not tried with the trident-0-0-2 branch of the CVS tree, should I ? Is
it possible that this inconsistent state be solved in  this version ? More,
I've seen dri code in that branch. What state is it in ?

Thanks

	David

PS: CC me back please.

And please forgive my poor english level, which is some kind of "globish"...