Re: [XFree86] Re: TVP4010 + glint driver, RAMDAC problem and wont work

Alan Hourihane <alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> O.k. With it being a three headed system, your gonna have to do some
> digging yourself. I don't have the combination of cards you have to
> replicate the problem.

Ok, I have some results. Everything works fine as long as the TI card is the
first one listed in the ServerLayout. If it isn't then the X server seems to
wedge hard. strace shows it blocking on a vm86old syscall. kill has no effect,
though strangely kill -11 seems to cause it to exit cleanly.

I discovered -verbose 9 and have logs from a correctly initialized setup as
well as from a wedged X server. I suspect these logs aren't really all that
useful though.

This is from a freshly compiled sept-10 snapshot installed completely into
/usr/local, run with -probeonly. The "x.3" file is the one where it wedged,
"x.3.ti1st" is when i tried changing the order to initialize the glint card
first.

greg