Re: [XFree86] Belkin KVM switch and Gnome, console mouse service

Mark Vojkovich writes:
 > On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, jmw wrote:
 >

 >   Switching VTs and back should help.  XFree86's mouse protocol parsing
 > just doesn't seem to be smart enough to deal with this sort of thing.

I'm not sure if this is the problem of the mouse protocol parsing.
The mouse needs to send a mouse replug event. There are two
possibilities:

a: The mouse does not send such an event: in this case the driver has
   no chance at all to detect this condition. (I don't know what
   happens. I don't own a KVM switch).
b: The mouse does send this event. The sequence sent can also be part
   of a normal mouse sequence. Therefore the driver needs to do some
   timing to detect this situation. This is not trivial to do from
   userland. Currently the code doing this is turned off.

You could try
Protocol "Auto"
It notices that something the data format changed and will try to
reinitialize the mouse.

Egbert.