Re: [XFree86] Never realized this is an open list

[snip]
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, jayjwa+filter-tag-1 wrote:

> PHP BB is a very popular format, used by business and
> individuals alike to discuss all kinds of topics.
[...]
> check out a good, well-maintained form and you'll see what I
> mean.

Point me to an example of one and I'll take a look :)

[...]
> And it was only that, a suggestion.

Sorry if I sounded overly harsh!

> You protested when the GUI was invented, didn't you? ; )

Well, GUIs can be good for certain tasks, but the current trend
of using them for everything is a very bad one, in my view! They
are so much slower than just typing for a lot of things ... and
you have to think all the time about what you're doing with the
mouse, rather than the actual task in hand ...  Good for
painting pictures or playing games ... bad for reading and
writing email though :)

Obviously, I like features like visible threading and so on -
but the most important thing to me is rapid navigation and
commands - using the keyboard. I have yet to see a browser-based
system that allows that to happen.

Anyway, FWIW, I think the xfree86 list is fine for the purpose
at the moment. (Coupled with the wiki of course).

--
Bill Gallafent.