Re: [XFree86] "Rotate" capable driver.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Zampelli [iso-8859-1] Stéphane wrote:

> Thank you for the trick, the "Rotate" option is working now.
>
> This trick should be better documented - not a single word on it all other the
> XFree86 Site. What about an entry in the FAQ : "how can I get Xfree working
> in portrait mode ?" ?

   It is mentioned in the "nv" man page.

http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/nv.4.html

> Unfortunatly, I have my portrait mode, but the server crashes whenever I come
> with my mouse near the right and top side of the screen. ( Here right and top
> mean : right and top of the screen when the screen is in normal position, not
> in portrait position. )

   That's a bug in the shadow framebuffer code.  It effects all
drivers.  It was fixed in CVS on:
  Tue Apr 15 20:32:29 2003 UTC (5 months ago) by sven
which is after 4.3.0.  So you'd need CVS or one of the snapshots
after that date.  If you've built from source, you can fix it
yourself:

http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/shadowfb/shadow.c.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.18.2.1

  It should also not happen if you disable alphablended cursors
by setting the XCURSOR_CORE environment variable to 1.  So if you
don't need alpha blended cursors you should be able to make it work
with your current server with that environment variable.

			Mark.