Re: [XFree86] No signal to external VGA port

It sounds like you're trying to run the CRT and LCD panel simultaneously. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that. You should try configuring the external display with video directed only to the CRT, not the LCD panel display. The problem is that your panel and CRT use very specific sync rates which are most likely not the same.

Are you using NVidia's latest driver?