Re: [XFree86] No signal to external VGA port

   The "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 does not (and cannot for
techical reasons) support hotkey switching (it requires kernel support).
The server can be made to start up on an external CRT by playing
with some config file options, probably the following:

  Option "CrtcNumber" "0"
  Option "FlatPanel" "0"

but the hotkey switching still isn't likely to work.  NVIDIA's binary
Linux drivers probably work better in this regards, since there is
a kernel module there.

			Mark.